Tioman Island - Marine Park
| Location Map
| Getting There | Tioman Island Museum
| Monkey Bay |
| Tulai Island
| Renggis Island
| Marine Park |
The marine park is located at Tanjung Mesoh which is about 15 minutes from Tekek jetty. There is a marine park centre. The centre is well furnished. It includes main office building with an exhibition hall, staff quarters, laboratory, jetty, camping sites, gazebos, barbeque pits and restroom facilities. The roles of the centre are a focal point of administration and management and provide the right environment and facilities for researchers and education seminars. To help promote greater understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of Malaysia’s natural marine heritage, exhibitions, slides and video shows on a variety of subjects including educational material on endangered marine species are the attractions at the centre. Mooring buoys are introduced in order to ensure greater protection to both the natural and artificial reefs.
The objective of the Tioman Island Marine Park is to preserve and
enhance valuable marine resources and the fragile marine ecosystem
so that the public can enjoy it in perpetuity. Marine Park Rangers
always patrol the park waters to ensure the marine ecosystem is adequately
protected. Only those activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving,
swimming and underwater photography that do not harm or destroy marine
resources are allowed.
To protect the marine resources and the fragile marine eco-system, visitors are not permitted to do the following activities:
- Collecting, removing, destroying or having in possession of any marine resources such as shells, mollusks, corals and tropical fishes (aquarium fish) whether dead or alive.
- Possession and use of spear guns or spearfishing equipment and harpoon.
- Use of fish trapws (bubu), poisons and electricity of other methods to catch fish.
- Anchoring of boats directly onto the reef.
- Littering and disposal of waste or rubbish.
- Removing and/or destroying any structure such as buoys, notice boards and so on.
- Constructs or erects any building or other structure within the Marine Park Area.
- Fishing within the Marine Park Area, that is two nautical miles from the shore of Tioman Island, Labas Island, Sepoi Island, Gut
Island, Pulau Tokong Bahara, Chebeh Island, Tulai Island, Sembilang Island and Seri Buat Island.