The Bala's Holiday Chalet
Cameron Highlands, Pahang
Set amidst lush greenery, rolling hills and majestic mountains, "The Bala's Holiday Chalet" offers you good value for money. A charming English style inn that provides the perfect blend of old world ambience and contemporary comfort. With its serenity and country charm, the hotel captures the very essence of a highland holiday.
Situated on one of Malaysia's most pristine natural forest in the Cameron Highlands, the cool air combined with unspoilt beauty amidst natural surroundings makes it a perfect holiday destination for those interested in a highland holiday.
The ideal location, provides stunning views across the mountains and the picturesque gardens provide a perfect setting to a dream holiday.
Today, Bala's Holiday Chalet has 30 cottage style rooms offering good value for money to travelers. The peace and tranquility combined with the natural surrounding has made it a favorite place for city folks to escape to over the weekends. With some rooms capturing the sunrise and sunset and some others with fireplaces and long bath, its uniqueness is what makes it different from the rest. Word has got around that the super curries turned out by their chefs are simply mouthwatering, so much so that the Sultan of the State ordered his dinner there while on a visit to the highlands. Their tea and scones found its way into the in-flight Magazine of the Malaysia Airlines as being the best in the highlands. With so much history, tradition, good food and comfort, one still wonders why people come up to the highlands to stay in the town............
Food & Beverage
The most talked about tea & scones in the highlands is at the Jim Thompson's Tea Room at Bala's, serving mouth watering afternoon tea & scones with homemade strawberry jam and cream.
British India Restaurant serving home cooked delicious curries, western cuisine and traditional Malaysian dishes.
Facilities & Services
- Former British school, fully refurbished to capture its original history and character
- Tastefully renovated cottage style rooms overlooking the forest and surrounding picturesque garden
- Quiet and peaceful with some rooms capturing the sunrise and sunset and yet some others with their own fireplace
- Cozy TV room cum reading room and a library with a fireplace
- Recreational activities arranged by the hotel include daily Countryside Tours, Adventure Tours, Tea Plantations, Gunung Brinchang Tour and Guided Jungle Trekking. Others include an Orang Asli Experience, Freddy's Walk for the kids and a Jim Thompson Nature Trail from the hotel compound.
- Bus ticketing / Taxi transfers / Laundry and Safe Deposit facilities
- Internet Access / Fax / ISD / STD telephone facilities.
- Free shuttle service to/from Tanah Rata town.
Bala's Holiday is located just 5 minutes drive from Tanah Rata Town.
The Bala's Holiday Chalet
Lot 55, Tanah Rata, 39000 Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia