Melaka (Malacca) has a colourful history, a combination of Malay, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English. Located at 150km south of Kuala Lumpur, it is famous for historical landmarks and legends. Melaka is a heaven for discovery of past and present and rich in antique treasure.
Centrally located in Melaka, Hotel Grand Continental offers a wide range of facilities which includes Health Centre, Coffee House, Tour Desk, Conference Facilities, Secretarial Services and Swimming Pool. It is the ideal hotel for both Businessman and Leisure Traveller.
Accommodations Guest Room:142 rooms
3 Type of rooms: Standard rooms, Deluxe rooms and Executive rooms
Standard rooms: Level 2nd - 4th Floor = 59 rooms
Deluxe rooms: Level 5th - 6th Floor = 42 rooms
Executive rooms: Level 7th - 8th Floor = 42 rooms
Most of the rooms are occupied with 1 Queen Size and 1 Single Bed, Tv, hot shower, centralize air-cond , newspaper and IDD telephone.
Mini bar, coffee tea, hair dryer are available in deluxe and executive rooms with Melaka town and Kampung view.
Standard Room Only (Single/Double)
Standard Room Inclusive Breakfast (Single/Double)
Standard Room Inclusive Breakfast (Triple)
Deluxe Room Only (Single/Double)
Deluxe Room Inclusive Breakfast (Single/Double)
Executive Room inclusvie Beakfast (Single/Double)
Individually Controlled Air Conditioning
Direct Dial IDD Telephones
Mini Bar (Deluxe room)
Tea / Coffee Making Facilities
Non-Smoking Rooms available
All rooms are with city view
Food & Beverage Sudut Selera coffee house offers best selection of delicious local and western delights that are available 24 hours.
Monthly promotion available specializing on local cuisine such as Melaka Claypot Fish, Hawkers Fair , Metadi Buffet Lunch.
Meeting & Banquet
We have 3 meeting rooms and 1 dinning hall. The details are as per below
Continental Hall - capacity of 220 pax
Sri Lanang Hall - capacity of 170 pax
Madura Hall - capacity of 50 pax
Warisan Hall - capacity of 140 pax Technical equipments that are available are PA Systems, rostrum, cd player, microphone, overhead projector & screen, 33 inch television, video cassette player, and karaoke arrangement.
Facilities & Services
Health centre available 24 hours
Sudut Selera Coffee House that available for 24 hours
Conference and Banquet Facilities
In House Movies
Mini Bar (Deluxe & Executive rooms)
Parcel & Postage services
24 Safe Deposit Box service
Coffee tea facilities (Deluxe & Executive rooms)
Location Malacca’s history began in 1403 with the arrival of Parameswara,an exiled Hindu Prince from the Kingdom of Sri Vijaya in Sumatra.He assumed the title of Raja Iskandar when he embraced Islam and became the first ruler of this new Kingdom which marked the early beginnings of the Malacca Sultanate.
Hotel Grand Continental Melaka
No, 20, Jalan Tun Sri Lanang, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia.
Check In Time:
Check Out Time:
Valid from Apr 01, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018
No. of Adult(s)
Family Room (Quad)
*All bookings will be transacted in MYR (Ringgit Malaysia)
2018 Seasonal surcharge:
Comments on Hotel Sentral Melaka
Total Comments: 4
Overall the hotel is satisfactory.
However I have this to comment :
1. WIFI should be provided FREE. The charges of RM10.00 for 1 hour of usage is quite high.
2. There is no children's pool or wading pool available so forget about bringing your toddler or small children to the pool.
3. Be sure to read carefully the terms & conditions of using the mini-bar in the executive room. Everything inside is chargeable and at a high rate. Drinking water is charged at RM3.45 per bottle so are the can drinks. One trick the hotel staff told me is to re-stock it yourself to avoid paying the high price. I personally believe that the drinking water should have been complimentary.
4. The Executive room is quite small by my standard.
5. Some staff are not as courteous. The chinese lady just throw my breakfast voucher on the counter instead of handing it over to my hand.
6. Any payable children for breakfast were asked to be paid on the spot by the lady in the breakfast buffet area. When I said I want to wait for my husband, she snorted that she is busy and need to settle it right away. So bring money when you go for breakfast with your child(ren).
7. Whatever you order (room service etc.) needs to be paid directly and they could not charge it to the hotel bill.
Overall, I would not say that you should stay in this hotel but I personally would forego this one the next time I go to Melaka.
Date of stay: 2010 Feb
WiFi sepatutnya percuma...tidak perlu bayar
Date of stay: 2009 Mar
overall ok...cuma aircond jer tak boleh adjust..makanan-biasa jer la..
Date of stay: 2009 Mar
Good, just 5 min drive to town
Below average, condition is aging, air-conditioning is bad & not adjustable in the room
I booked a 3 bedded room, but didn't expected it to be 1x queen + 1x single in a normal room size.
Sometimes the photos posted does not reflect the actual quality or condition!
Date of stay: 2009 Jun
Hotel Reservation : Hotel Sentral Melaka
Malaysia School Holiday Govt. & Bank Holidays Public Holiday (Federal Holiday) Singapore School Holidays / Public Holidays